× Members

Pension Credit

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287668 by lesley
Pension Credit was created by lesley
My pension credit up-dating letter seems to have gone astray.
I called up the pension service and they said it was sent out on the 23rd January 2024 and that I should have received it by now. Another elderly neighbour whose surname starts with T and is after mine received hers a few days ago.
Am worried. I have chronic anxiety and PTSD after my daughter's suicide in 2000. It is causing me to have panic attacks because I also get housing benefit and am getting worried that if no pension credit then no housing benefit.

I have had an operation to my ankle last year and am currently housebound so am unable to get out and go to any welfare benefits advice agency.
My pension credit has been going into my bank account okay. Well it went in this Tuesday.
I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice.
Am told by pension credit that I cannot get another copy of the letter sent out until April.
My anxiety just spirals and I start imagining myself losing my home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287673 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pension Credit
Hi lesley

I cannot see why you cannot have another letter sent out now as you have not received the original. I would phone up again and ask another operator, you may get a different answer.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287674 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic Pension Credit
Dear Gary,
Thanks never thought of that. It already gives me anxiety just phoning them. Although they have always been polite. I still feel intimidated by them, in fact they terrify me.
Will call them again tomorrow. Cannot lose anything by it.
Once again thanks for giving me the courage.
lesley

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287675 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pension Credit
Hi lesley

Deep breath and a glass of Baileys, 🍹 don't forget to call them first thing in the morning, usually 5 or 10 to 9 is the best time, if the lines are not open, re-dial.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287676 by lesley
ha ha ha. Thanks. Only one problem don't drink alcohol.
Cup of strong coffee though might do the trick.
Will do. Thanks again.
lesley

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287694 by lesley
Dear Gary,
I called the pension credit line this morning and the first time was talking to an adviser in the wrong department, because she did not have access to my file, the adviser told me to call again and choose the "change of circumstances" line. Finally got through and spoke to yet another adviser whose computer was running slow!
Then she got into my file and agreed to send out another letter. I reiterated that I would like the latest 2024 one not the 2023 one from last year just in case she thought I wanted a copy of last years.
So job done. Took a while though and was biting my nails. Goodness knows why they still frighten me so much.
Especially at my age 76! I think it was after watching that Post Office scandal programme about the Horizen computer. Sends shivers down my spine. They make you feel like a criminal before you actually commit any crimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.