× Members

Washing and bathing once a week

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287699 by denby
Washing and bathing once a week was created by denby
As this is all I can manage, should I get higher points than 'needs an aid [shower stool, grab rail], 2 points'. No way I can use an un-adapted bath or shower. Last time I tried that was years ago and I could hardly get out at all, memorably crippling pain in knees as a result. I thought ability to use un-adapted was supposed to be the 'test'? But what points could I argue for, as I do manage to shower myself, just only once a week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #287706 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Washing and bathing once a week
denby

If you are unable to get in or out of a bath or shower then you should score three points. There is no reference to the bath or shower having to be unadapted. Scoring the extra point is only of value if you also score the one point for needing help with medication.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287733 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Washing and bathing once a week
My [very learned] friend just pointed me to this, I've omitted the items before to avoid cluttering the post, From here:
www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/377/made
25th February 2013

Regulation 5
SCHEDULE 1
PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT ASSESSMENT
PART 1
INTERPRETATION
1. In this Schedule, —

“bathe” includes get into or out of an unadapted bath or shower;

Hope this is useful, Denby

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287735 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Washing and bathing once a week
denby

You're right. Should have read the guide better.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.