× Members

Letter received to say passed the Work Capability Assessment- esa

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287759 by Arthritic Annie
Hi,
Hope your all keeping well.
Apologies if these questions seem stupid or if they're repeated elsewhere, again I did search but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I sent my nsESA questionnaire back in January and today I've received a letter to say ' as you have passed the work capability assessment there is no need for you to continue to send medical certificates to this office................. you will continue to receive payments of employment and support allowance.
If we require medical certificates from you in the future we will request them from you.

What does this mean?
I havnt been for an assessment....
If this means I don't have to go for an assessment how do I know what group they've put me in?
Should there be another letter with this/more information
I'm in Northern ireland if that makes any difference.

Thank you so much for your help.

Xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287769 by Gary
Hi Arthritic Annie

By the sound of your post it seems that you have passed your WCA by paper. You could ask the DWP for a copy of the assessors report, if it was a paper assessment then it would be calld UC85a, otherwise it is called a UC85.

If you ask the DWP for a copy of the report, ask them what group you have been placed in.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287774 by The Dog Mother
That was fast. I sent mine back Jan aswell. The 17th. I was due a review as its been 3years since my last.
The stress is wiping me out.
My last four wca were paper based.
I'm praying this one is too.But I'm not hopeful.
Hopefully you are in support group too. Kind wishes. X

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287778 by Arthritic Annie
Hi The Dog Mother,
Yeah, I thought so too although this is a new application and not a review. Don't know if that makes any difference.

I know exactly how you feel, my pip review form was also requested in January ( b4 this esa form)... and im so stressed over it and really its a case of how long is a piece of string!🤦‍♀️

More
2 months 1 week ago #287789 by The Dog Mother
My pip review was a year ago.. blimey.. an hour and a half of nonsense on the phone. Made me collapse on the floor after.
They make us more u well.
Take care x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.