× Members

Reapplying for ESA if employment turns out to be too demanding

More
2 months 1 week ago #287791 by Simone
Hello, I am in the support group for ESA but I am planning to try an extended phased return with my employer. If this turns out to be too much for me is there a timeframe that I can return to my existing reward or would I have to apply again? I'm a little concerned that I will be at a disadvantage for trying to get back to work if it doesn't pan out.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287808 by Gordon
S

You can work for LESS than 16 hours a week and no more than £167.00 each week, after tax and National Insurance has been taken off under the Permitted Work scheme with no effect to your ESA.

If you exceed these limits then you lose your entitlement to ESA.

If you are receiving New Style ESA then there is a 12-week period within which you can make a return claim for your previous award, outside of this period then it will be a new claim and you would also need to meet the Contribution Conditions again.

If you have legacy ESA then my understanding is there is no "linking period" and your only option would be to make a new claim for UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: robreay, Simone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.