× Members

DWP waiting time?

More
2 months 1 week ago #287931 by rachel1
DWP waiting time? was created by rachel1
I have been claiming Income related and Contribution based ESA for over 15 years. At the beginning of December I received a n inheritance that put me over the savings limit for income based ESA. I wrote to the DWP to tell them on the day I received the money. I asked to remain on contribution based ESA but cancelled my income based. I heard nothing for the next month, so wrote again at the beginning of January. I have still heard nothing, and am still receiving the same amount of ESA. I don't know if this is a normal amount of time or if something has gone wrong. I cannot use the phone and I am now panicking that they will say I am fraudulently claiming. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287953 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DWP waiting time?
Hi Rachel1

If you have proof of writing to them, you have nothing to worry about. I can't tell you how long you may have to wait - but I would send them another letter in March if you have heard nothing.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.