× Members

WCA cancelled 3 times!

More
2 months 1 week ago #287980 by FlowerPot82
WCA cancelled 3 times! was created by FlowerPot82
Hello

The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments has cancelled my appointment multiple times. The first appointment was due 21st December 2023. They called the evening before to cancel, giving a very vague statement that they didn't have certain information. It was rescheduled 5th February between 1pm and 4pm. They called 2.30pm to cancel, stating that my UC50 form had not been uploaded! I then received a new appointment for 21st February. However, today I received a letter from them stating that they had to cancel. They advised I contact UC through my journal to find out why "I no longer need an appointment" Although elsewhere on the letter it states that they will contact me again soon to arrange another appointment. It is very confusing.

For context, I sent them some new medical evidence - a psychiatrist report detailing a recent autism diagnosis. I am not sure if this could be a factor, but I don't see why it should. However, it seems very strange that there have been so many cancellations. I am wondering if they perhaps have lost my UC50. The stress it has caused is beyond words. I have been physically sick over this. My mind is all over the place.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? Or has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have contacted UC for information but there is no response as yet.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288040 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA cancelled 3 times!
F

The most likely reason your appointment has been cancelled so many times is the unavailability of staff, maybe they were off sick or they may have overrun on a previous assessment(s) and there was no time to do yours. Other than making a complaint there is little that you can do.

As to the current situation, the only way to find out what is going on is to follow the advice and contact the DWP through your UUC Journal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.