× Members

Video consultation or Tribunal?

More
2 months 1 week ago #287983 by esmith
Video consultation or Tribunal? was created by esmith
I filled my PIP review in about this time last year. October I was told ib esa was reduced. When I queried it it was because the disability premium was removed due to being refused PIP. News to me! So I rang PIP who confirmed zero award and said I wanted to go mandatory reconsideration, with a tribunal if needed. Next thing I know, end of October,another letter saying esa had been increased because I qualified for disability premium, since I received PIP. Never received any correspondence from PIP but when I looked in bank account they were back to paying me again. So I just thought they'd reviewed the form and decided I still needed it. Phew.

This morning (17th Feb) I get a letter saying I have video consultation booked this Wednesday. Since it refers to "the health professional" I'm assuming this is an MR? And since statistically they are highly unlikely to change their views I'm looking at PIP stopping, esa cut and possibly looking down the barrel of the work related activity gun. I will go to tribunal if needed but living on a pittance in the meantime.

I've been looking at getting an assistant dog which would substantially increase my independence and freedom, ironically might actually make me employable, but I need the PIP to afford it. So that is quashed.

Ruddy system! We've had a local MP resign because he couldn't cope on his salary...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288011 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Video consultation or Tribunal?
e

Did you return the form late? This would explain what happened to your ESA and the Premium.

The video consultation is not to do with an MR, it is the assessment from your review, it has just taken this long to be arranged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.