× Members

Managed Migration IS to UC

More
2 months 1 week ago #287997 by Kelly
Managed Migration IS to UC was created by Kelly
My husband used to claim IRESA. He was in the support group but was subjected to reassessment every year. To avoid the stress of these reassessments, 8 years ago my husband stopped claiming ESA and I claimed IS instead. Jobcentre agreed to waive the requirement for my husband to attend Jobcentre appointments. This year we will have to move over to UC under managed migration. Will my husband have to undergo a WCA? will we get transitional protection?. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Managed Migration IS to UC
K

There will be Transitional Protection when you are migrated to UC.

If your husband is still under State Retirement Age at the time of migration then he will be expected to work, the only way to avoid this would be for him to provide a Fit Note and to undertake a WCA assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 14 hours ago #290358 by Kelly
Replied by Kelly on topic Managed Migration IS to UC
Thanks Gordon. Further to this if a Fit Note were to be submitted at the point of applying for UC, would transitional protection continue to be applied up until the outcome of the WCA assessment?..
Do couples receive managed migration notices at the same time?..

More
1 week 13 hours ago - 1 week 13 hours ago #290362 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Managed Migration IS to UC
K

The Transitional Protection is not dependent on your husband supplying a Fit Note and will continue even if he fails the WCA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 week 13 hours ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.