× Members

uc migration advice - esa and self employed partner

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago #288021 by headabovethewater
uc migration advice - esa and self employed partner was created by headabovethewater
Hello, still trying to get my head ready after the dreaded migration letter.
I'm new on esa support group and have pip, currently awaiting Mr decision also.

Partner is self employed and we've only ever been on wtax credits and above.
The calculators seem to show we will seem get some with the transition but I am worried about these things-

the esa - will they make me do a reassessment? I'm in support group

Partner is self employed - account usually provides figures at end of tax year that we updated tax credits with - uc seems to need them monthly? Does any one have any experience of migration to uc being g self employed? How much involvement does it involve?

Thank you for any advice, I hope the queries make some sense, it all seems so confusing 😳

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288042 by Gordon
h

No, you will not be reassessed when you move to UC your current award will be moved across as part of the migration.

I'm afraid the monthly reporting of income is a requirement of UC, see.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/unive...from-self-employment

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: headabovethewater

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.