× Members

Jobseekers allowance.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288031 by Edwina59
Jobseekers allowance. was created by Edwina59
Please can someone advise me. I moved house recently and was on esa, when I moved my grandson came to live with me,he is nine years old. I applied to go on universal credit and I have been asked to provide a sick note as ime partially disabled and unable to work. I have since been put onto jobseekers allowance without notifying me. As I've just moved into the area and just registered with the surgery and unable to provide them with one yet. Have DWP put me on jobseekers allowance because of this?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Jobseekers allowance.
E

Why do you think you have been put on Job Seekers Allowance?

The DWP cannot put you on a benefit that you have not applied for, however, you cannot make a new claim for JSA unless you can meet the Contribution Conditions and if you have been on ESA for a couple of years or more then you will not be able to do this.

As to the Fit Note, you need to make an appointment at the new surgery as soon as possible.

Contact the DWP via your UC Journal and inform them that you have an existing ESA award, they should transfer this across to your
UC claim, however, the process is manual and can take some time which is why you need the Fit Note.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edwina59

More
2 months 1 week ago #288067 by Edwina59
Replied by Edwina59 on topic Jobseekers allowance.
Thank you Gordon. When I checked my online banking payment at the bottom it read DWP jobseekers allowance.so I rang them and they said I was on universal credit. I am ringing my new gp tomorrow regarding my sick note.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288077 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Jobseekers allowance.
E

What you had was an ad hoc payment from ESA, their payment system is piggy-backed onto the JSA one, so if they forget to provide a suitable label it defaults to JSA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.