× Members

PIP and UC claim

More
2 months 6 days ago #288111 by Annie333
PIP and UC claim was created by Annie333
I recieve PIp standard rate for Daily living and mobility. I am doing the WC UC50 form. Should I mention the PIP mobility as being very different in the UC form - the guide advises to not tick any box as Pip standard rate is 20 m and UC is 50 m but of course if you struggle with 20 you will def struggle with 50 m. I presume they look at the PIP details or as it is a different assessor do they need telling ?

I have a condition which relates to question 8 in the form. Do you know If loss of bowel control, dsyfunction, continence etc are seen as similiar and connected in conditions as they do. Collecting devices are included in this section but is anyone aware of how irrigation devices are viewed ? Are the consequences of using such devices, which they seem to be getting at in this question, also applied to irrigation devices for bowel disorders ?
Many thanks for any help or thoughts on this .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #288120 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and UC claim
A

The assessment staff for the WCA do not have any involvement in PIP assessments nor do they have any access to the documentation from a previous PIP assessment.

So, certainly mention the distance you were assessed as being able to manage for PIP but do not rely on it showing that you meet the criteria for the WCA, complete the form in detail.

As to question 8, my best advice for this and the other WCA activities is to answer them based on the WCA criteria you are being assessed against, don't try and translate the PIP criteria across.

I do not think that an irrigation device will be considered as a collecting device, they are considering catheterisation and stoma bags.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 5 days ago #288145 by Annie333
Replied by Annie333 on topic PIP and UC claim
Thank you Gordon. Do you mean not to tick any box ?There is no box that gives the same as PIP.

More
2 months 5 days ago #288170 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and UC claim
A

If there is no option that covers the distance you can move then either add your own tick box and explain in the comments box your limitation or just use the comments box, just make sure you explain how far and why you cannot move further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie333

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.