× Members

Advice please

More
2 months 5 days ago #288161 by Tracey
Advice please was created by Tracey
Hi all, wonder if I could just ask for some clarification please.
I applied for pip in May 2022 and was refused. MR also refused so went to tribunal which was in Jan 2024. As previously stated on here I won the appeal (thank you very much for all of the guidance on here).
I have been sent a letter from DWP with all information about the award etc but it in, it states I am due a review as of May 2024. The anxiety, dread and fear shot up immediately on reading that. It states it’s to see if you have got worse or better. My question is that, while I’m eternally grateful for the award and being recognised for how I was struggling at the time of my application, some of what I am experiencing has not been taken into consideration in the tribunal. Completely my fault as while I had support during it, expressing what is actually fully going on is difficult for me (like many others I imagine). So when I’ve received my paperwork about the award there are a few key areas I have scored no points in…. That doesn’t reflect accurately what I struggle with nor the help I need.
I’m not asking you to tell me what to say if the review is imminent however I’m struggling big style knowing whether to mention the areas of no points or not as after almost two years of the stress of it all, I couldn’t possibly do another stint like that again.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
One thing I am going to do is down load some of the diary sheets from this site as it will help. Thank you for those.
Having to be as self aware and not only recognise your struggles but also admit them is hard. Plus admitting them to strangers who don’t know you (and I’m my experience don’t listen to you) is also incredibly challenging.
So any advice/suggestions of what has ‘worked for’ people would be very much appreciated.
Thank you very much, in advance
Kind regards
Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #288172 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice please
T

Your appeal was a separate process from your review and the MR so those assessing you are not going to have access to most of the papers used for the appeal, most importantly they will not have access to any thoughts the panel may have recorded as to why they made the Decision itself.

So, when you receive your Review form just treat it as if you are applying for the first time, perhaps paying more attention to the activities that you did not score for than you did previously.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey

More
2 months 4 days ago #288187 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic Advice please
Once again thank you for your advice and help.
One of the issues are that I have an undiagnosed MH issue.. now while I understand you dont get awarded for diagnosis’s I have found that whatever is going on seems to ‘need’ a diagnosis.
In my last application for pip I listed how I was struggling. At the time I put a lot down to fibromyalgia which has been diagnosed. When I requested a certain test at the drs this was done which , from that I was referred to rheumatology and diagnosed with RA too. I informed who I needed to and the dwp started saying I had deteriorated. Thankfully the tribunal panel agreed that RA doesn’t just start over night and accepted that in my application I’d shown how I was being affected prior to diagnosis.
This does not seem to be the case with the dwp so while I will explain what’s going on, I fear without a diagnosis they won’t take any notice.
I am ‘working on’ getting a diagnosis though.
Thank you I will bear in mind your advice and use the guides in order to express it as best that I can.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.