× Members

Need advice on my uc50 application form and earnings advice

• matti68
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 months 4 days ago #288188 by matti68
Hi im seeking some help regarding my UC claim and am hopeing someone can advise me i recieved a text this morning informing me of a uc telephone appoint coming up in the next 7 days.I assumed this was my uc50 form telephone assement so phoned them to ask for it to be recorded.They informed me that my claim had been shut down due to the form being sent back late.The date for it to be sent back by was the 12th of this month,i sent it back on either the 7th or the 8th through my local post office and not a letter box. Is it classed as my fault for it arriving late? and is it possible the phone appointment i have coming up is to discuss this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288213 by Gordon
m

Did you send the form back using a tracked post? Failing that did you get a certificate of posting?

The delivery period you mention in your post includes a weekend which may have impacted on when the form was received.

Did they say when the form was actually received?

Your best option is to request an MR of the Decision to terminate the assessment process you could also argue that as they now have the form and I presume you have maintained an active Fit Note on file then there is no reason not to continue to assessment.

You can request the MR by contacting the UC Helpline, you should also put an entry on your UC Journal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• matti68
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 months 3 days ago #288225 by matti68
Thankyou for your reply,no i did not use tracking post and on the post office website they state that a saturday is included in the delivery days.They never said what day they recieved it on. I also posted the same question on my journal asking if this what the upcoming phone meeting was about and the reply i recieved was "
The appointment on the 29/2/24 is to discuss your commitments to Universal credit." so i am guessing it is better to have the phone appointment and take it from there.

More
2 months 3 days ago #288235 by Gordon
m

I believe the JC+ appointment is to update your Claimant Commitment on the basis that you have been returned to the All Work group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: matti68

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.