× Members

Pip review upcoming

More
2 months 4 days ago #288194 by pauls1
Pip review upcoming was created by pauls1
I have a pip standard that is ending in November this year ....I havnt heard anything about a review or anything but my condition has got worse

I'm just wondering iff it's worthwhile telling them this now or wait until or iff i get a review and would they re access now as iff it was a new claim , I'm not really sure of the best way to go about this , thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288203 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review upcoming
Hi pauls1

If you contact the DWP and tell them you want to put in for a change of circumstances - that will trigger your review, and they should send out a review form. The advantage of doing that now - is if you are hoping for an increased award and you are given one - it will be backdated to the time you informed them of the change of circumstances. If you don't do that and wait until a review and you win, the increased amount will only be awarded from the decision date.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauls1, UB40 Rumrunner

More
2 months 4 days ago #288206 by pauls1
Replied by pauls1 on topic Pip review upcoming
Thanks , would it maybe be better waiting to nearer the time in case they access and stop it all together

More
2 months 4 days ago #288216 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review upcoming
p

Have you looked at our PIP Claim guide to see what you might now score due to your conditions worsening? Just because you are worse does not mean you will score higher and even if you do, that you will receive a higher award.

There is no point your reporting a Change if you are unlikely to get a higher award, conversely, if you think that you are in a good position to receive one then you should consider it but ultimately, this is a decision that only you can make.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

More
2 months 23 hours ago #288294 by pauls1
Replied by pauls1 on topic Pip review upcoming
It's coming up for review in November and a few things have changed for the worse , I have looked at the guides and possibly the award would change but I wouldn't know for certain

I'm thinking it's maybe better to leave it to nearer the time then mention it to trigger a review or iff I leave it will they send a form out for a new claim ?
Thanks

More
2 months 16 hours ago #288314 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review upcoming
Hi Pauls1

If you say nothing, they will send you out a review form in due time.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.