× Members

ME/CFS review

More
2 months 4 days ago #288220 by littleroo
ME/CFS review was created by littleroo
I thought I’d share my journey in the hope that it gives others the strength to persevere with this heartless and soul destroying process. Today I learnt that my award remains unchanged and I won’t be reviewed until 2034

I have been ill since 1998 and have had the delight of being assessed under incapacity benefit, transition to ESA (where they just didn’t want anyone in the support group so contribution based payments stopped after a year), disability living allowance, transition to PIP and two reviews. My condition has not changed for over 20 years. During that time I have had one tribunal and two mandatory reconsiderations. Unsurprisingly the process has had a hugely negative effect on my health. My review this time was paper based (a huge relief in itself).

I’m feeling very overwhelmed and emotional knowing that I don’t have to have yet another assessment. I’ve spent so many years with this worry hanging over me. I’ll be 71 at my next review unless they find a treatment/cure in the meantime.

Stay strong and be kind to yourself - don’t let the buggers get you down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Staffie_Gal, denby, fibrofred, Pea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #288229 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic ME/CFS review
Hi littleroo,
Thank you for sharing your story. Stories like yours do indeed inspire hope and continuation.
Thank you.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.