× Members

Stitched up?

More
2 months 4 days ago #288221 by Lorri
Stitched up? was created by Lorri
For the past 6 years I have been claiming the mobility part of pip from the military instead, as I'm ex army, is a better rate, and no reassessments, this is called mobility supplement.

Before that I was getting standard care and mobility pip.

I just had to have reassessment by pip by forms and also by phone, and although I don't claim mobility from them anymore, they still insist on assessing me on it.

I told them my pain is worse than before etc and they ended up sending Me a letter stating I was staying on standard care but I did not qualify for mobility as I didn't score enough points (4).

So I was wracking my brains, thinking what is their reason behind this. They must think, well she doesn't get mobility part from us so she won't appeal it, but why would they have done this??

I am not yet on uc, but have had letter saying it won't be long. My thinking is that they are going to try and make me work, saying my mobility is fine, which is a massive joke!! I'm thinking they will ignore whatever the mod said, whi have put me at 50% disabled physically. A Dr came here and did an examination, watched me go up the stairs and walk down garden path. I'm under a veterans clinic as I need a knee replacement, well probably both now judging by the pain. I won't go into all my medical conditions but it's all fairly incapaciting.

So my question to anyone in the know is, have they just stitched me up in preparation to do me wrong later on? I can't see why else they would of done it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #288233 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Stitched up?
Hi Lorri

Many people find their mobility awards changed (even when they have said their mobility has deteriorated.) If you want to know the reasoning behind the decision - ring and ask for a copy of the assessor's report - it's called a PA4. This should give a little more information about why they have reduced your score for the mobility component. There could be many reasons why they have done this, but it will have nothing to do with the fact that you don't receive the money from the DWP. For some reason, the assessor thinks you do not meet the PIP criteria. The assessor who spoke to you and will have written the report (PA4) would not be aware that you don't get the money from the DWP, nor are they able to access any part of your UC claim - so it isn't a stitch-up.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 day ago #288278 by Lorri
Replied by Lorri on topic Stitched up?
Thanks. They did know as I mentioned it and said I don't see why you asses me for something i don't claim from you. I had been on standard mobility for years before I switched to mobility supplement, so had I not switched, I'd have been stripped of it. Thank goodness I switched is all I can say.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.