× Members

Weird text message from DWP

More
2 months 3 days ago #288243 by louisagolding
Weird text message from DWP was created by louisagolding
Hello, I have been helping my daughter with a PIP claim. First called them in November, received the forms, filled them out sent them back.
I had a phone call from a case worker asking a few questions about my daughter's anxiety etc, and said she would put it through for a paper based assessment. All good. My daughter received a text message a couple of weeks ago saying we have received your assessment report and will make a decision within 8 weeks.
Last week received a letter asking for passport/driving license and other proof of identity, which were sent off, received driving licence back today.
She missed a phone call today and voicemail message says to call pip enquiry line to go through security before a decision can be made/sent. Which we did this afternoon. Got put through to a case worker, who says verification has now been complete. I asked if there was a decision. She says my daughter hasn't sent her forms back yet has she, I say yes she has and assessment has been done. Case worker says she can't see anything on system but will let Case Manager know verification is done.
Get a text message at 4.55pm today(Friday), 'we will shortly be sending you the how your disability affects you forms'.
Now my daughter is panicking that we have to start again, and we obviously call them until Monday now. Has anyone had an experience like this? Is it just a mistake do you think? Can anyone put her mind at rest for the weekend please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #288248 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Weird text message from DWP
Hi louisagolding

I'm sorry this has happened. I'm afraid I can't put your daughter's mind at rest because I don't know what it means, and I wouldn't want to mislead her. Unfortunately, they no longer work on Saturday mornings. Hopefully, you will be able to sort it out on Monday.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 days ago #288251 by louisagolding
Replied by louisagolding on topic Weird text message from DWP
I really hope so!! Thank you for replying ☺️

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.