× Members

Just realised my evidence could go against me...

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288662 by Anxious Anonymous
Replied by Anxious Anonymous on topic Just realised my evidence could go against me...
Should I send that as evidence before the assessment review or during the assessment review?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288671 by Chris
Hi AA,

It's a tricky one to answer - depends on the type of assessor you get in my eyes. I've had 3 interviews in the past, only 1 assessor told me that they'd had time to read what I'd put, where as the other 2, went specifically based on what I'd said on the telephone - even then, the majority of the report afterwards was inaccurate. I don't think it'll do any harm mentioning it on both ocassions.

Hope this helps :)

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288673 by Anji
Hi there AA, and Chris, this is a description of my son that could have been him!! I really do not think that the assessor at his interview (by phone) understood his needs at all. I don't think she understood how overwhelming all the steps are for things such as cooking a meal. My son never, ever cooks. He lives on reheated breaded chicken that he heats in an air fryer, yet the assessor said he could plan, buy fresh ingredients, cook and understand when chicken was cooked...a complete misrepresentation.

I think the dopamine explanation is a good one...I have now sent in the MR form so can't add it, but it really does explain the situation well!!

Thanks...and good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Chris

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288677 by Chris
Hi Anji,

I think a lot of their errors is probably down to feeling rushed by the phone calls/assessments etc and how many they're expected to get through. I remember my UC assessor, I found out she was a 22 year old nurse, still in training, and didn't have a clue on a lot of the things I told her. I mean she was lovely, don't get me wrong, but some of the things she had wrote - I was like "Where did you get that from? I never said that" - Seems to be thousands on here reporting similar issues. Maybe's before long, an AI will be answering the calls and assessing us, because I don't think they could do any worse than some of the humans have!

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288682 by Anji
I think you are absolutely right!! I don't think chat GPT would do a worse job and would probably actually evaluate all the evidence!
Our telephone assessment was less than an hour, she was very clear it would be an hour max. She spent more than half talking about the history rather than his daily life so it was all really rushed. She also said she was filling in the form as we spoke and confirmed she'd sent it to DWP before the end of the conversation. She must have had most of it written beforehand, and I am absolutely convinced she hadn't read the application form or the additional evidence we sent.

There were also some things we explained during the assessment that have not been reported and are misrepresented. We explained how hard it is for my son to undertake a journey - he needs step by step help as his brain will not cope with sequencing things. We had sent lots of evidence of this support (text me when you're at the station/ok go through the turnstile/you need the QR code to get through/find platform 3/I'll look on trainline and track the train and let you know when it is arriving....etc etc, we screenshotted all the texts)
She said he could plan and undertake a journey unaided, and there was no evidence of needing assistance, abandoning journeys or anxiety...we explained that one time he was so overwhelmed that he fainted on the platform, and now just refuses to use the train!!

So, yes, bring on the AI!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Chris

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288726 by denby
I spend inordinate hours sitting at pc reading B&W, a health related forum and a few other special interests. Yes till meals /toilet visit are overdue. But I'm on a spinny 'typist's' chair with loads of cushions, and the table has woodwork under on which I move my feet around. So I don't actually sit 'still' !
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.