× Members

PIP assessment

More
2 months 2 days ago #288270 by Michael
PIP assessment was created by Michael
I am due to be assessed by Capita for PIP. I asked them to change the appointment time as I needed my friend to be able to come along for support also I asked for a telephone appointment instead of a video assessment as I am not able to to talk to strangers on a screen Capita have not listened and sent me another appointment for a video assessment.

I do not know what to do as I am only allowed to change my appointment once and i dont even know if it would be possible to get my computer to cope with their software. PLEASE HELP ASP AS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #288283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment
M

Very few video assessments seem to actually be done, most revert to a phone assessment.

I can't remember what options are available on the video software used but if you could remove the assessor's image from the screen, or put another app in front of the video or just turn the screen off, assuming your PC can handle this, would it help?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 day ago #288304 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic PIP assessment
Maybe you could ring capita and say you are not asking to change the appointment but you are asking for a telephone assessment as a 'reasonable adjustment' due to your inability yo cope with a video assessment.

More
2 months 23 hours ago #288316 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic PIP assessment
I always had a home visit, then last time Capita sent me a letter for a face to face, I called them & asked for a telephone appointment & they gave me one, I was shocked! They did say that I would still get another letter about the first appointment, which I did & to ignore it. Apologies if I’ve got it wrong, but could this have happened to you? I’d just turn off the camera & say that I didn’t know how to switch it on. Or try calling again & ask about a telephone appointment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.