× Members

Working Tax Credits and Migration to UC

More
2 months 2 days ago #288272 by Kittykatz
Working Tax Credits and Migration to UC was created by Kittykatz
I received a migration notice yesterday and I have a few questions regarding this.

I received ADP at the end of last year which was backdated to the date I contacted DWP to ask for a review of my PIP. WTC only backdated me to the date Social Security Scotland received my ADP claim form. I sent a message to HMRC at beginning of December 2023 saying I think the decision was wrong regarding backdating and this should be when I contacted DWP (as this is what I was informed by DWP and SSS) On HMRC website it states it can take 14 working days for them to reply. I phoned them and the operator wasn't very helpful. Now I have to migrate to UC what will happened to my query? I'm worried this will get forgotten about.

Once I apply for UC via migration route does this take around 3 months as if it is a new claim? Do I receive any WTC payments when this is being processed?

Just to double check I inherited some money which meant I have had to cancel my housing benefit claim and no longer receive this. Is this capital disregarded for 12 months? I am using this to buy a house which I think will happen with in this 12 month period.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #288284 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Working Tax Credits and Migration to UC
K

OK, according to the SSS website an ADP claim starts when they are notified by the DWP that a claimant has reported a Change of Circumstances, however, there is no reference to the relevant legislation.

There is no reason why HMRC should not deal with your query as this is an issue that pre-dates any transfer to UC.

The transfer to UC should take 5 weeks, just as a normal new claim does. Your WTCs will stop the day before you make your claim for UC.

If you have savings and assets over £16,000 then this will be disregarded for 52 weeks, if you have reduced the total below the limit at the end of the period then your UC will remain in payment. Be aware, there is a tariff income payable if your total is still above £6000.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kittykatz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.