× Members

esa assessments and the cessation of reassessments for people on ESA support gro

More
2 months 17 hours ago #288301 by axab43
I read somewhere on here people saying if Labour get in, they will continue reasessments.

A friend of mine told me that the plan the Tories have about no reassessments for people on the support group actually came from Labour in the first place. I looked up their welfare reform plans if they won and they do state the same as the Tories have done about no reassessment for people on ESA support group.

I can't remember the links now but being as my original source for this information is reliable and based on what I saw I think Labour would carry on with Tories no assessment for those on support group.

As for myself, I have been on the support group of ESA for a long time now, fand the last time I was reassessed was 2019 as I have severe mental health issues. I have recently received full daily living and PIP for another 4 years until Oct 2027. I'm not sure whether I should wait to be called for reassessment or not. Does the DWP look at PIP applications for evidence do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 hours ago #288339 by Gordon
a

The Tories plans are far more complicated than just not reassessing ESA claimants, you should not assume that they will not look at your claim again even if they win the next election.

They can use PIP information when reassessing an ESA one but we don't see it happening very often.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288409 by axab43
I do not assume. What I said was what has been written on here by moderators and I was responding to that. I also was referring to the scheme (I forget what it is called) where you try, say working from home, and if it you cannot cope, you will not be reassessed. Again all this has been spoken about on here.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288417 by Gordon
a

I think you have missed the point, all of these are plans, not actuals and are unlikely to be realised if the Tories do not win the next election.

Come back to the forum when there is legislation being proposed to Parliament.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.