× Members

Pip how do dwp decide?

More
2 months 17 hours ago #288302 by den1mon
Pip how do dwp decide? was created by den1mon
At what point do the dwp decide who qualifies for ten year light touch reviews?
I am receiving high rate for both mobility and care.
I will be due for reassessment in 2026 at which point I will be 63 years old.
Each time I have been assessed they reduced my mobility component and I applied for mr and managed to get it reinstated.
Last time they refused to change the decision and I applied to go to a tribunal.
The dwp made me an offer to reinstate my mobility to hr before it got that far.
They offered me a 3 year award and I told them that I was hoping for a longer award given the long term chronic nature of my disabilities, the medical evidence and what I had stated on my application form and during the assessment regarding the impact on my lack of ability to function and proving I met the criteria.
They reluctantly gave me a 5 year award.
Its ludicrous having to constantly endure going through this when I have proven that my disability and health conditions have got so much worse over several years and I am never going to improve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 13 hours ago #288319 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip how do dwp decide?
Hi den1mon

Unfortunately, you need an ongoing award (10 year) to get a light touch review. Award lengths have got shorter and there are many people like yourself who ask why you have to keep being assessed when they have conditions that are not going to improve. (I don't have the answer).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288404 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic Pip how do dwp decide?
Thank you Bis
But how do dwp decide who gets ongoing awards?

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288405 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip how do dwp decide?
d

It's a two-part process, the assessor will indicate a prognosis and a Decision Maker reviews this.

The guidance for assessors is in the following, scroll down to 1.10 Award review dates

www.gov.uk/government/publications/perso...nt-process#prognosis

and the guidance for DMs is in paragraphs P2061-P2065

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6...000d27b234/admp2.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, den1mon

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288410 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Pip how do dwp decide?
Thank you Gordon, this is very interesting - I wouldn't have known where to find this information myself.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.