× Members

VIDEO ASSESSMENT

More
2 months 18 hours ago #288305 by Ms.Basset
VIDEO ASSESSMENT was created by Ms.Basset
Hi, I have a text telling me that i have a video assessment in a weeks time. This was from my returned form a year ago.
I wondered if anyone has experience of this? ( My last one was via telephone during the early Pandemic )

I have autism amongst my many physical health problems and find most new encounters extremely stressful.

Can anyone tell me if it is difficult to use the link they have sent me and also if i need an app to use this link?
it is hard enough worrying about the assessment let alone trying to contact these people via links I'm not all used to using?

many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 15 hours ago #288321 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic VIDEO ASSESSMENT
Hi Ms Basset

Only a couple of members have reported having video assessments. Most others have found that it reverted to being a telephone assessment at the last minute because there was a problem with it.

If you have a contact number for the service carrying out the assessment, you could call and ask for it to be changed to a telephone assessment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ms.Basset

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288746 by Ms.Basset
Replied by Ms.Basset on topic VIDEO ASSESSMENT
UPDATE: Had the assessment it went as follows.

I logged on via the link and could see my picture on the screen. I lay there for 5 minutes until a message popped up to say the assessor was sorry for the delay and that they would be around 30 minutes.
I decided to log out. I panicked so I logged straight back in incase I would be in trouble ( yes I know this is sadly how it gets me).
I then removed the camera and microphone. I waited 35 minutes in total for the assessor to log in for the assessment.
I yawned the whole way through due to sheer exhaustion and stress, apologising throughout).
The assessment took 2 hours in total including the wait.
I was absolutely exhausted.
I did take screen shots intermittently of the fact I was kept waiting.
I do not know if this will help me if/when I need to go for mandatory reassessment (yes, I'm resigned to that possibly being the outcome) but it certainly is something I will mention due to the extra stress it caused me.
I hope this helps anyone else awaiting a video assessment and i will update on the outcome of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288764 by BIS
Hi Ms. Basset

Thanks for taking the time to update us. I'm glad you managed to get through the assessment. You can ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report (PA4) 48 hours after the assessment (should you want to).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288939 by Ms.Basset
Replied by Ms.Basset on topic VIDEO ASSESSMENT
Further update: I have received the report. i do not want to get too excited, but by the descriptors and counting of points awarded on the report alone, it looks as though I could be awarded enhanced for both Living/Mobility.
I assume, but if I'm wrong please correct me, the final decision is with the case worker? or should the report be it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288948 by BIS
Hi Ms Basset

Your report will now be with the Decision Maker. They usually follow the assessor's guidance, but you won't know for certain until you receive the decision letter.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.