× Members

MOBILITY COMPONENTS

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288408 by citizenschambers
MOBILITY COMPONENTS was created by citizenschambers
I suffer from (diagnosed - depression, paranoid schizophrenia, osteoarthritis of both knees, high blood pressure, obstructive sleep apnea) and (undiagnosed ankle and feet pain). Despite my challenges and how my conditions affect me, I push myself to work full time; I was unemployed for 14 years and now employed.

I have 3 questions please:

1. Could you please help me with my question. If I walk the lenght of 3 London buses which is 40 metres in a slow pace before resting my painful legs for 1 minute and then walk another 10 metres to reach my destination. Which descriptor would my walking ability satisfy, please?

2. If I repeat the process same day to return home from my destination after work, making it a total of 100 meters walked on the day, would the answer be different or the same?

3. My last question is, if I am driving, will it be said that I can Plan and Follow a Journey in view of the fact that as a result of my mental health, I feel safe if I am driving as opposed to using public transport which heightens my paranoia and mental health and causes me to relapse.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288422 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MOBILITY COMPONENTS
c

Based on your post.

1. 20m-50m subject to how long it takes you, a healthy person would take about 30 seconds to cover the 40m, if it takes you more than a minute then you may be able to invoke the reliability criteria.

2. 20m-50m again.

3. Following a route, planning is something else, is more complicated or ought to be, than just you can do this so it does not matter that you can't do this. You don't say what journeys you do so I can't really offer an opinion, think about whether it is familiar or unfamiliar journeys.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: citizenschambers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.