× Members

MR waiting times 2024

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288411 by Anxiousannie
MR waiting times 2024 was created by Anxiousannie
Hi

I am anxiously awaiting mr decision does anyone know the average waiting time in 2024 and are there any success stories or issues.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288418 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic MR waiting times 2024
Hi AA,

From what I read on here, it seems to vary in length based on the location. This can be for all sorts of reasons including staff sickness, staff quantity, amount of claimants etc etc. I can tell you back in 2020, I applied, and it was close to 2 years before I actually got my decision and award in 2022.

The success stories are usually published in the newsletter. You get it sent when you're a subscriber. One has just been sent out today funny enough.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288486 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic MR waiting times 2024
Hi there

We have just applied for MR for my son and the message we received stated that he should hear within 8 weeks. In this case, I am hoping that they are not actively reviewing it yet as we have been clear that we are waiting for an additional medical report. In the initial decision they placed a heavy reliance on the letter from the ADHD clinic to my son's GP requesting a shared care arrangement. The letter said he was stable and optimised, which the assessor and decision maker have taken to mean he can basically function as normal. The clinic are going to address this specifically in their response.

But, yes, long story short, they said it would take 8 weeks so hopefully once they have all the info they shouldn't be too long. However, I have heard that some people are waiting a very long time to hear...fingers' crossed you don't have to wait too long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Anxiousannie

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288504 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic MR waiting times 2024
Hi Anji

The 8 weeks is standard, most claimants take longer than 8 weeks, some members have reported it only took a few weeks.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Anji, Anxiousannie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.