× Members

Renewal of Pip

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288431 by Denstew15
Renewal of Pip was created by Denstew15
Hello all
I have long covid and asthma through it I also have pins and needles in hands feet . I’m on enhanced both pip . Shall I mention the problem I have with this new issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288438 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Renewal of Pip
Hi Denstew15

You are already on enhanced rate of PIP for both components. As you cannot increase your award, there's no particular reason for making the DWP aware of it now. You can always inform them at the next review. However, the decision is yours to make. (You don't want them to think you are reporting a change of circumstances and trigger a review).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denstew15

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288447 by Denstew15
Replied by Denstew15 on topic Renewal of Pip
Thank you so much
I’ve filled my renew form in as my three years is up august I just added it to a new illness renew form I’m worried as I answered questions said just the same on mental side and morphine for pain . I’m so anxious on the call or visit . This site is a life saver
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288448 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Renewal of Pip
Hi Denstew15

As BIS has already stated if you are already on the enhanced PIP for both components, and your condition deteriorates then there is no point in reporting it until you are next re-assessed, you will only inflict stress on yourself for no reason, just prepare yourself for your next review, where you can report all the changes in your condition.

If your condition improves then you must inform DWP straight away.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denstew15

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.