× Members

Husbands PIP review

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288432 by Devon idil
Husbands PIP review was created by Devon idil
Hello I hope someone can help with my question.
My husband had a tree year award of low rate care, back in July he was asked to fill out a review form which he did. We used the original claim answers and added some new details along with medical evidence. Claim pack was returned sent first class recorded tracked and signed for ( I don't trust their own pre paid envelope) we had a text confirming they had received pack.
Husband phoned PIP December to see if there was any update on how the review was progressing, to be told it had not been looked at yet. So give it another month if not heard anything call again.
We are aware there is a lengthy wait for reviews, we decided to wait until beginning of February to call again. This time my husband told them he was concerned that we had heard nothing from them apart from initial txt saying they had got his review pack, and we are concerned as the claim ends on 7th April 2024, could they tell us what would happen if the review was not completed by then? we were told the claim would be extended by 12 months and not to worry. Husband asked for a letter to confirm the extension and was told DWP are no longer sending extension letters out to claimants as the 12 month extension could be less or more.....!!
Husband explained we are in receipt of legacy benefit Income support how would this effect that..?
The person on the phone had no answers for that.
My question is as off 7th April when husbands award officially ends and we are given an extension will Income support remain in place? or will we be forced onto UC rather then wait and keep SDP.. Also is there any way to get an extension letter out of them.?
Many thanks in advance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288439 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Husbands PIP review
Hi Devon idil

If the DWP are no longer sending out extension letters - you can't force them to send one. I would, however, write a letter confirming what you were told on the phone so not only you have a record, but it will be placed on your file - in case there was a need to dispute it later.

PIP is a non-means-tested benefit -so even if the award came to an end, it would not have an impact on your income support.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, UB40 Rumrunner

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288444 by Devon idil
Replied by Devon idil on topic Husbands PIP review
Many thanks for this. I will definitely send a letter off tomorrow.
Very stressful situation.☹️

The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.