× Members

Phone call from the DWP case manager

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288490 by kerouac
Phone call from the DWP case manager was created by kerouac
Hello I handed in my pip paperwork in April 2023. I received a letter saying my pip review had be extended till February 2025. Then without warning I had a phone call, but didn’t recognise the number I didn’t answer it a message was left saying it was from the DWP and a text too. I phoned on the pip enquiry line and was told the case manager would call me back as he had some questions for me. He did do yesterday, he asked me my name and address and told me question nine had changed on the pip review form. So he ask me would I need someone with at an assessment and if they would have to be someone I knew and knew my conditions. I told him I would as I have poor memory, anxiety and other conditions I would need someone to help me understand as I get so confused and panic. To this he told me it wasn’t in my best interest to have a face to face appointment and my pip was complete and he was signing me off and he was putting my decision in the post. I’m so confused and don’t understand why he rang and if it’s ok or not. My friend has wrote this for me as I’m worried sick and feel so distressed. Can anyone help if this has happened before. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288509 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Phone call from the DWP case manager
Hi kerouac

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

We have heard from members where this has happened, try not to worry yourself, as there is nothing you can do until you get the decision through the post.

The reason for the call could be to put the decision makers mind at ease from the answers you gave.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kerouac

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288568 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Phone call from the DWP case manager
You can always ring the DWP and before the long wait process you will need to enter some details, DOB, and usually another proof such as whether you have other benefits/day of week you are paid/Which rate of PIP you get etc The recorded message will then inform you of your next payment date and amount, that may give you an idea of how successful your claim decision has been

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.