× Members

ESA claim?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288527 by heather
ESA claim? was created by heather
I have a confirmed diagnosis of HSP. I have been awarded standard PIP, review in 5 years. Thank you to this site for guiding me through the paperwork.
My question is that, I've had to go part-time at at loss of over half my wages. Can I make an ESA claim?
I have read through the guide and I'm very confused. Please help
Heather

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288541 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim?
h

You will have to overcome three hurdles.

First, you must be working less than 16 hours and earn no more than £167.00 each week, after tax and National Insurance has been taken off.

Second, You must be able to meet the Contribution Conditions; at least 26 hours of NI Contributions in one of the two Tax Years 2021-22 or 2022-23 AND at least 50 weeks of NI Conts or NI Credits in both of the two Tax Years.

Lastly, you need to qualify for an award. See our ESA/UC Claim guide by following the Guides link at the top of the page.

You can also apply for UC which would avoid the Conts Conditions but not the other two.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.