× Members

Will I have a face to face assessment for PIP review?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288531 by Kerry
Hello, I’m new to the website and haven’t posted a message before on the forum. Apologies if this has already been asked, but I have just sent back my PIP review form (it was a 1043 form) and I’m now stressing if I will have a face to face assessment. I’ve read that if not enough medical evidence is provided then this is what will happen. I didn’t provide much medical information as my GP is of no help and when I looked at my patient records online it makes no mention that I have ME (although I have had this condition for almost 12 years!). I’m worried about a face to face as I also suffer with extreme anxiety and depression. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288543 by Gordon
K

I'm afraid there is no answer to this, there are simply too many factors that could influence what might happen.

That said, it is far more likely that you will have an interactive assessment, it might be a face-to-face but most are done via video or the phone. You can prepare by reading our PIP Claim guide which includes sections on all of these.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288550 by Bud
I had an appointment for a face to face, I rang & asked for a telephone assessment & they gave me one no problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Kerry

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288552 by Kerry
Thank you Gordon and I’ll look at the guide

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288553 by Kerry
Thank you Bud, if I get a face to face then I’ll ask to have a telephone assessment if possible

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288554 by an ex nurse
Hi, if you think a diagnosis is missing from your medical record ask your GP to update your notes. I was in the same position and wrote to the DR asking for my record to be updated. This was done in about 2 weeks. I hope this helps. Best wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.