× Members

Following a journey

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288557 by Patty
Following a journey was created by Patty
Hi
I have potentially have directional dyslexia . Im on the following and planning a journey section.
I can only go out by myself if it’s in the village I live or supermarkets I’ve been in many many many times.
I do not recognise roads in an unfamiliar place that we have driven along , even to the point of my husband taking me to a friends house , taking a different route, and parking the car at a different direction looking towards the house ,than all the other times he has taken me. I literally do not recognise it being the road she lives in.
I can’t go into hospitals as they feel like a maze to me, I have to have someone get me to the waiting room and then when i get taken to the room, I have to ask the nurse to get me back to the waiting room. It’s like I have no recollection of travelling to get there.
Would the assessor go on my say so, or would it be better for me to get a dyslexia assessment which I am happy to pay for, in order to provide the necessary evidence that required ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Following a journey
Patty

I have to admit that I had not heard of directional dyslexia although I did recognise the symptoms when I looked it up, you should probably assume that those assessing you will not have any knowledge of the condition either.

I think this is one of those situations where a formal diagnosis would be very important for a successful claim.

From your post, you are assessing yourself as being unable to complete a journey to an unfamiliar place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288609 by Patty
Replied by Patty on topic Following a journey
Thankyou , I’ve booked for one this week . I felt I was going to need to give it some evidence as it’s only my say so currently other than family knowing I literally can’t find my way around anywhere !

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.