× Members

PIP Stopped

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288569 by weasley
PIP Stopped was created by weasley
Hi All,

Bear with me I am new on here, my brother has his PIP stopped because he didn't return the DWP's form asking if his circumstances have changed, his award is not due to end until May 31 2024, I researched this on his behalf and he lived at a previous address, when he moved he notified the DWP, in fact his CPN did so for him, when he phoned the DWP explaining this they said he would have to put forward a Mandatory Reconsideration Appeal, he spoke to someone at the DWP who said they could do this for him but to be honest the person was asking such ridiculous questions my brother felt deeply uncomfortable with the information being asked of him by this individual who said he was trying to help him, putting it blunt he did not trust him the be independent. Can the DWP stop PIPO before the end date? Thank you kindly any advice welcomed my brother is really ill as a result of such callous treatment by the DWP . Thank you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288585 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Stopped
w

The PIP legislation specifically allows the DWP to close a claim for failing to return the review form, they do not need to wait for the existing End Date to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weasley, KABTT

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288751 by weasley
Replied by weasley on topic PIP Stopped
Hi Gordan,

I have submitted a MRC I have evidence that my brother did change his address and the DWP actually sent the review to his former address which he obviously never received, will the DWP have to take this into consideration or are they likely to make him reapply?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288755 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Stopped
w

He can re-apply and do the MR at the same time, the new claim will be included into the old one if the MR is successful.

Your argument is a good one and should be accepted as Good Cause my only concern would be your showing that he notified the DWP of the change, I get a little bit nervous when you say that their CPN did it for them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weasley

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.