× Members

Quick Question About PIP Review

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288612 by killbot99
Quick Question About PIP Review was created by killbot99
I recently asked a question on the forum about award dates. I am currently filling out the PIP review form and am just completing additional information. I have several conditions that aren't common and following advice from B&W am filling in some details to give the assessor a full picture of how they affect me and my daily life. As we all know conditions affect people differently so I'm trying to show the impact on me in as much detail as I can.

I have never got anything higher than a 3 year PIP award and yet ironically haven't been reassessed for ESA since being put in the SG several years ago, over 10 years (not complaining). I didn't know if that was relevant and I would very much like to ask for a longer award, I have Ehlers Danlos amongst others, a genetic condition which isn't going to improve and will likely worsen as I get older.

One of the mods suggested putting this on the form but I'm a bit hesitant in case the DWP take umbrage or give me a shorter one. Have any members asked for a longer award or are we just grateful to get anything lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288623 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Quick Question About PIP Review
Hi killbot99

I think it was me who answered your previous question. An assessor will not take umbrage at you asking for a long-term award, especially when you explain that you have a life-long condition which is not going to improve. They will agree or disagree - but at least you have put it out there and the reasons why. The assessor doesn't have the final say so - it's the decision-maker who does. If you have to put in an MR or Appeal, you have already mentioned it and can carry on the argument if necessary. It's never been an issue with the people I've supported.

But you have to do what feels right for you, and if the thought makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. There's no guarantee of success.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99, C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.