× Members

Waiting Time

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288705 by Capyboppy
Waiting Time was created by Capyboppy
I'm not sure if I can actually post now as my topic isn't strictly to do with ESA/PIP/DLA, so apologies if this is the wrong place or not allowed.

We were on Pension Credit with myself as a dependent on my hubby's State Pension and PC. I also have PIP. Being wanting to be prepared well in advance of my birthday in January just gone when I would receive my own State Pension, I found out it was a 'waiting game' as they couldn't give a forecast as whether we would lose PC or not. This was a problem as we were both awaiting dental treatment and didn't know if we could still legally tick the box. I followed the advice from a phone call to the DWP to phone them back when my first SP went in to do a 'change of circumstances'. This I did to both ask them to pay it weekly, and also to notify them of the change. Time went on and Hubby continued to receive payments for PC (I had also been told there would be nothing to pay back as it would be classed as the DWP's fault for taking too long: I am not convinced even though it came direct from them). The PC stopped around 3 weeks ago. The weeks have passed by with 2 further phone calls to express my concern. On the last call when I was told it had been moved up the ladder to be 'tasked'. I mentioned about the dental treatment and I was told that as far as they (the DWP) were concerned, we were still on it until the case was looked at, and until this was done it was still okay to tick the box (even though the PC had stopped). They said they couldn't give any indication of how long it would take for our case to be looked at. Meanwhile because I don't know what we will have to contribute to rent and Council Tax (if any), the money is building up as we are being very careful budgeting with not knowing. This in turn if it goes on for months could possibly affect savings even if the bulk of it will have to be paid towards rent and C. Tax. We can't even fill in the HC1 form for possible future help for dental treatment and glasses voucher as we are in limbo. I have also phoned the Council twice to update them. They said the DWP usually contact them when there is a change of circumstances too.

I wondered if any other members have been in this situation and how long they were waiting for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288731 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting Time
C

I assume payments have been suspended.

As long as your PC claim has not been closed then you remain entitled to dental treatment under the NHS so I would get the work done as soon as you can.

It should be easy to work out if you are still entitled to PC. Take the last full payment that you received and deduct your State Pension, if the PC is more then you should retain entitlement, if the SP is more then you will lose the PC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capyboppy

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288986 by Capyboppy
Replied by Capyboppy on topic Waiting Time
Thank you Gordon.

Yes, Pension Credit payments have been suspended presumably around the time our “change of circumstances” hit the “tasked” queue. The State Pension at just over £203 is more than the £130 Pension Credit hubby is receiving on top of his State Pension which included the married man’s allowance for me as I was not receiving any other Benefit apart from PIP; I used to get the old Incapacity Benefit which is now defunct.

We are still waiting and just had the 24/25 Council Tax bill which still shows we are down for full rebate. It’s so crazy this waiting as it looks as if we have far more money than we actually do, presuming a good proportion will have to be paid to the council. They themselves can’t say how much until we get told.

I’m wondering how much of a problem this waiting time is nationwide?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.