× Members

Asking for the assessment to be recorded?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288761 by Bud
I had mine recorded no problem, which surprised me. Although they tell you that if you change your mind at any time they will stop recording, almost like they’re reasonable people. They will then tell you that it won’t be listened to, or used, to make a decision on your assessment. But then they make one last attempt to try & stop you, by saying that it will only be used for an MR, or the tribunal. I almost folded at that point as it works both ways, but decided to continue with my recording as they’d probably still have a copy & I wouldn’t. It took me a few phone calls & chats to the manager to get my copy though. I’m glad I did it as you can really scrutinize it, although I probably said a few things I should’ve have done. Oh & I accidentally burped as well, the very shame of it! 🤭
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blueberry Owl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288958 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
So I phoned IAS - really quick to answer the phone. Quick security check then into the reason for my call which was to request the assessment be recorded. I was told it cannot be unless the appointment I have for next week is cancelled and rebooked for another time.

I decided to stick with the appointment I already have as I just want it over now.

They said I could record it myself but to just tell the assessor at the beginning.

I have on older phone and tried a couple of apps from the Play Store. However they are laden with intrusive ads and one said my phone was too old.

What apps are people using for android?

I’m thinking of just leaving this as I want to be fully focussed on the assessment at the time and I can ask for the report afterwards.

More
1 month 1 week ago #288992 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289010 by MDBond
Replied by MDBond on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
Hi Blueberry Owl

I echo everyone else's thoughts, namely -

1. Ask for the call to be recorded and,
2. Always do your own recording too.

If it is capita doing your assessment, they will not give you the audio recording immediately after the interview because their links do not work. You will have to keep requesting links and then they will finally send out a CD recording to you, I got mine over a month or 6 weeks after my assessment. Far better to have your own recording!

Secondly as far as I'm aware, there is no reliable or working call recording app on Android. Most networks know about GDPR and therefore have disabled call recording functionality from working on your phone. I could be wrong, there may be one or two that work, but when I tried, none of the call recording apps I downloaded worked. My Samsung phone has built in call recording, but even that has been disabled by Samsung. It is ridiculous!

What I was planning to do, is have the assessor on my landline and put her on loudspeaker, and then use my mobile phone to record what was happening, via the normal voice recording app that will be built into your phone. Try this, get someone to call on your landline, put them on speakerphone and record what's said to see if it works. That is if you have a landline! If not could you borrow a relative or friend's landline for the assessment? Obviously you'll need to let capita etc know to call your landline instead.

Hope this helps :)

More
1 month 1 week ago #289011 by MDBond
Replied by MDBond on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
Hi BO,

Sorry, just properly read your post.

Absolutely do not leave it, I would record it, even if you have to delay the assessment. You don't need to ask them to record it, just as long as you record it yourself in the way I just specified. The recordings are so valuable, you will forget things you said and the assessor will likely not listen to what you say and write what they like. I broke down 6 times during my assessment and even I forgot how many times I cried until I heard my audio recording. The assessor said I was fine, and I only got a bit upset when discussing my mental health. Totally incorrect.

Much better to record this yourself in some way and I would ask them to call you on landline and then use the voice recorder on your phone.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289027 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
Thank you for all the replies and advice. I will ask them to ring my landline and use the recorder app on the mobile. Great idea.:) :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.