× Members

New leaflet - what you have to tell us

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288784 by Hazel
Hi. I have just received a scary leaflet with a letter telling me new amount for ESA starting in April. I am confused. I am on Contributions based ESA (or I was and am wondering if this has been changed) and included with the letter was a leaflet saying what you need to tell us. Well what they are saying I need to tell them is absolutely everything about my life, and my partner's life! It wants to know if I inherit any money, if I have more than £6,000 of savings, if my or my partner's circumstances have changed (my partner is not on any benefits and is a pensioner). I don't understand why they are asking me to tell them all these "changes" if I am on contributions based ESA which isn't supposed to be means tested.

In two months time I will be of state pension age. And will be done with ESA. Do I have to tell them that or will they automatically just stop it when I start getting my state pension?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288857 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New leaflet - what you have to tell us
Hi Hazel

I have answered your query in your previous post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...aflet?start=6#288845

Your ESA will stop one day before you reach state pension age, have you completed the online form for your state pension? You should get a letter 3 months before your state pension starts asking you to register, the letter will contain a unique reference number.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288870 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic New leaflet - what you have to tell us
Thanks Gary. Yes sorry about that. I thought the first post had not gone through so did it again - then saw the bit that said it needed to be approved by a moderator so had posted twice by mistake. Apologies. Yes I've completed the pension online thing and had a letter.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.