× Members

is any part of my esa income related/

More
1 month 1 week ago #289033 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic is any part of my esa income related/
sorry about the capital letters, i type whilst not looking at the screen, so i had done it all before i noticed, couldn.t be bothered to do it all again to be honest, the way i look at it i have phoned them up and been told to ignore leaflet, so even if i am in the wrong, i have phoned them to make sure payment is correct, which would hopefully work in my favour if payment is not something i am entitled to, it would be their error and not fraud of any type, that is the theory anyway, been stressing about it since i got letter so had to phone them, time will tell, enough to deal with, without this added stress, thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289279 by freefee
hello again,
today 20/3/24 i received my my entitlement details as follows,
your entitlement details
you were awarded contributory employment and support allowance

entitlement start date 11-nov-2011
current amount £124,55 weekly, (129.50 minus half my pension above the £85 disregard) the current years award before uprating,
no mention of any income related payment, can someone please confirm that it appears that this is correct and not related to anyone else in my family or my assets or savings in the bank, i have been told this over the phone and now i appear to have it in writing, i hope this is enough to confirm my payments are correct,
many thanks

More
1 month 6 days ago #289284 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic is any part of my esa income related/
f

The figures you quote are indeed for 2023/4.

Provided the only payments listed are your Personal Allowance and the Support Group Component then your ESA is Contributory Only.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
1 month 3 days ago #289424 by freefee
sorry to keep this going, but, i have finally found something i find that proves that the payment is correct, it's from a firm called ferret information systems, they sound dodgy by name but appear to be legit, even the you gov page is less informative, i have copied and pasted what i believe is the vital info below

Rates in payment

The basic rate of ESA is £84.80 pw. This will be the rate paid during the assessment phase.

There is an addition of £33.70 pw payable to those in the work related group. However, this was abolished for new claimants from April 2017. Only those who were in receipt of this addition at that date and who continue to satisfy the rules can receive it. However, as noted above, those in this group in receipt of contributory ESA only got ESA for one year. So if a customer receives £118.50 pw (£84.80 + £33.70) we know that this can now only be an award of income-related ESA.

There is an addition of £44.70 pw payable to those in the support group. In income-related ESA, as for DFG means-testing, receipt of this support “component” entitles the customer also to the Enhanced Disability Premium of £19.55 pw. That premium only exists within the means-tested form. It cannot be paid as part of contributory ESA.

So if a customer is in the support group and receives £129.50 pw (£84.80 + £44.70) we know that they are in receipt of contributory ESA.

It also follows that if a customer is in the support group and receives £149.05 pw (£84.80 + £44.70 + £19.55) we know that they are in receipt of income-related ESA.

confused? i still am a little to be honest

More
1 month 1 day ago #289478 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic is any part of my esa income related/
Hi freefee

A claimant can receive both IR ESA and CB ESA depending on their circumstances.

We always advise claimants to seek help from their local Welfare Rights Organisation: advicelocal.uk where all their circumstances are taken into consideration.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #289875 by freefee
hi again,
phoned again today 8/4/24 after getting new uprating letter with new pension added and halved, asked why i had another leaflet, and he said because i have to inform them of a change each year, this leaflet is included, no personalised ones, i only have to report pension increase, condition improving etc and if get a job. told to ignore the rest, only the one applies to me, the leaflet makes it seem more daunting though, i hope this helps some people i do not need to give details about anybody who lives in my house, my savings or assets or anything else mentioned in leaflet

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.