× Members

Mobility & anxiety

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288866 by raybould
Mobility & anxiety was created by raybould
Hi, a tribunal awarded me 12 points for mobility due to needing someone with me for five years. In 2018, I'm worried as at my recent telephone assessment, I said I could only go out with someone, but most days I stay at home. Have the points changed so you lose your car if you don't go out most days. So if you can't go out, you get less points? If you go out most days? So confused. Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288900 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mobility & anxiety
Hi Raybould

If you read pages 79-80 of the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews, you will see a breakdown of how a claimant meets the different criteria.

I obviously can't tell you categorically how the assessor will interpret what you said to them. The Tribunal awarded you 1f. From what you said in your post, nothing has changed. You go out, and you still need assistance to do so. You did not tell the assessor that you never go out. If you never went out, you would not be awarded 1f - it would be 1e, which is 10 points, not 12.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Savingsam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.