× Members

Compliance Phone Call

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288873 by CRPSWarrior
Compliance Phone Call was created by CRPSWarrior
Hi everyone. I had a dreaded brown envelope a couple of weeks ago when I had just come out of hospital after spinal and neck surgery.

I rang the number and asked what it was for and the gentleman just said it was a review with a couple of questions. The call was today, 2 weeks later.

I spent 2 days getting all my paperwork together from original claim to bank statements etc and waiting for the call.

He did an ID check on me then asked me a very peculiar question. Going back to 2019 when you claimed, were the DWP aware that you were still employed? I said yes because it’s on my paperwork and I claimed as my sick pay had run out. He asked if it was face to face or by phone - I said face to face at local job centre offices.

He then said I know you don’t work and that you are on higher rate PIP etc. I offered information to him of 2 payments that I had received which I had written to Wolverhampton about.

That was all. Can anyone shed light on this question please just to put my mind at rest? Does it seem like just a random check on detail?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288904 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Compliance Phone Call
Hi CRPSWarrior

We can't speculate on the reason for your call because we simply don't know. Did the person not tell you what would happen next?

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288916 by CRPSWarrior
Replied by CRPSWarrior on topic Compliance Phone Call
No nothing. Just said thank you for clarifying

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288920 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Compliance Phone Call
Hi CRPSWarrior

The only thing you can do is contact DWP and ask, to put your mind at ease.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CRPSWarrior

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.