× Members

Universal credit new claim.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288884 by Jane52
Universal credit new claim. was created by Jane52
Hello

Have been reading a previous information on universal credit and the need to get a "fit note" from a g.p. before applying for universal credit. Never heard of this until reading post online. Am transitioning from tax credits to universal credit middle of May.
I get transitional protection for first 12 months though do not fully understand what this means.
1)Do I need to get a fit note from my g.p. saying I have my disability before I make the transition, what does fit ote need to say, what function does it serve
2)Does a fit note re confirming disability reduce number of hours asked to work
3)Is fit note a gateway into applying for work capability assessment
Thankyou
Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288912 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal credit new claim.
J

It is not helpful if you start a new topic about the same issue.

I've answered your question in your previous topic.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...versal-credit#288879

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.