× Members

DWP Trawling Over our Bank Accounts - PIP

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288933 by Augustus
I read online that PIP is included in the group of benefits where recipients can expect their bank accounts to be trawled over by the DWP. But PIP is not means-tested, and if you started to work (which in theory is permissible), the DWP would soon know about it.
So can you please confirm whether this information is correct, and what it is, re PIP claimants, that the DWP is concerned about?

(Xx years ago, just such a development was the stuff of comedy in “Yes, Minister”. How times have changed, in that a supine Parliament will just vote this plan through, if they haven’t already….)

Thank you

A
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289019 by Gary
Hi Augustus

As PIP is not means tested , DWP will have no reason to go over you bank details. The information you read was incorrect.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 month 1 week ago #289040 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic DWP Trawling Over our Bank Accounts - PIP
Hi

My comment isn`t aimed at any contributor on B&W.

Fear breeds fear; someone reads an article they didn`t like then posts a worried comment on a forum. Other readers read that comment and the fear then spreads. This in turn breeds more fear.

The best thing to do is stop paying any attention to "sensationalistic journalism" articles on how x is going to fleece y; wait until the official government announcement, which can usually be found on Gov.uk.

All governments, regardless of colour (and by that, I mean blue, red or yellow, not of skin) are responsible for the state of today`s benefit system. Those who genuinely need it, have to fight for it, yet those who are just malingering freeloaders have the knowledge / "whereabouts" to "cream it" at the expense of those who need it.

Unsavoury as it is, I think DWP having access to bank accounts is the only way to weed out those who are acting fraudulently from those who genuinely need the financial help.

Andy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.