× Members

Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment

More
1 month 1 week ago #289075 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
Hello again Sheila,

I agree with every word BIS has written re the assessors and their opinions. Following advice from one of the Mods, I wrote a statement detailing the help my husband gives our son re getting him up in the mornings and taking him to work. I included this with my appeal submission - it was the only extra evidence I sent - and it might have made a difference because my son's journey to work was one of the things the appeal writer asked me about before he reinstated my son's award. Anyway, I was glad we did this because part of the problem with assessments is that we're so used to doing the things that we do for our adult "children" that we forget that this is not something everyone has to do and fail to explain it all in sufficient detail. BIS also suggested I write a diary to refer to in future which is something I intend to try to do. All this takes so much time, I know, but keep fighting! We're on your side!

Best wishes,

Wendy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sheila 966
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #289894 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
Update:
We had a reply from Capita today - they decided to investigate my claim/complaint due to;

'Factual data that has been recorded incorrectly' and 'Factual data that has been omitted' - explaining that my complaint letter was able to 'demonstrate factual inaccuracy or omission lies within the report'

It was found 'most appropriate for a review of your assessment to be completed'

So upshot: "Based on the review completed by the Clinical Advisor, I can confirm your assessment report does not meet the DWP's required standards and is clinically inconsistent' .................... it then goes on to note that the Clinical Advisor listened to the audio recording. viewed all of the supplied evidence and agreed that my daughter has a high level of support - both at home and in the workplace. (it does list all of the support that the original assessor ignored!)

Offered compensation, and advised that they have contacted the DWP to request that my daughters case is returned to Capita for the report to be amended.

So complaining to Capita asap about the 'content' of the PA4 may be the way to go .................. again, we'll see :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Wendy Woo, Anji, Blueberry Owl

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #289909 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
Well done Sheila 966

I can hear denby rooting for you.

Let us know the outcome.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

• Sheila 966
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #289913 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
Thank you Gary - we've won a battle, I'm not kidding myself that we've won the war ................... not yet :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Anji

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #289933 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
Hi Sheila

That is so good to hear! Also great to know that it is worth complaining. The more people complain the better, as I imagine that a lot of people just give up, or don't bother asking for the assessor's report. I wish I had known about complaining before the window of opportunity had passed, however, in future I would definitely do it if I had another experience like the last one!!

Good luck with the rest of your battles, hopefully the war will be yours!!

Let us know how things go
Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #289955 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
Hi Sheila

I know it's not over - but congratulations for pushing forward with the complaint and getting them to acknowledge it didn't meet the required standard - that's huge. Well done!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.