× Members

PIP Review Result

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288983 by Boots281
PIP Review Result was created by Boots281
After being transferred from a DLA Indefinite award (after going through a tribunal) to PIP, I was awarded PIP for four years. The assessment was done in my home and it was a horrendous experience where the assessor got most of the report wrong, lied on the report and ignored most of everything I told her, even to the point of missing out 8 years of my health conditions and denying I had been under a Consultant and receiving treatment & medication for those 8 years. I was relieved that I received any award and at the time I was too exhausted to go through a mandatory review. Three years later my next review came through the post 12 months early. The form again looked daunting but I slowly went through all the guides on your website, filled in all the questions with as much detail as I could and added copies of Consultant letters for the 8 years DWP denied I had been receiving treatment for.
I posted the form back and waited and waited. I heard nothing for 10 months, then I received a letter from DWP, due to a backlog they were extending my award for another 12 months. I was slightly relieved but also scared, it meant nearly 2 years delay from sending my review form, would I have to fill in another from at the end of the 12 month extension? 2 weeks after receiving this extension letter another letter from DWP came through the door. After getting the courage to open this letter you cannot imagine my complete surprise and relief to be told I had been awarded an ongoing award for 10 years without a physical or telephone assessment, enhanced for both.
Thank you B&W if I hadn't read your guides I would not have put as much information on the forms or sent copies of Consultant letters. Again thank you for all the work you do
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #289001 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review Result
Hi Boots281

Many, many congratulations. So delighted to hear of your success and to learn that you have ongoing enhanced award for both. I'm glad that you found the guides so useful and that you were able to go through them so diligently. Well done you.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 month 1 week ago #289038 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic PIP Review Result
Congratulations, really pleased for you :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.