× Members

PIP Telephone Assessment Took 4 hours 37 minutes!!!

More
1 month 1 week ago #289017 by Just Sue
Hi

I just really wanted to see if anyone else has been put through such a long telephone assessment. It’s been over a year since I sent the review paperwork in and the first 3 dates for the assessment were all cancelled on the day at least 30 mins after the call should have started. Subsequent appointments were all booked at intervals of 2-3 weeks.

I’m still recovering from major surgery in January 2024 so not at my best right now. I had expected the call to last about an hour - perhaps 2 at the most! I soldiered on with it because I didn’t want to give them the opportunity to drag this out any longer. I was totally exhausted for the following 2 days but at least it’s done now.

I called PIP today to request a copy of the report and was told it hadn’t been sent in yet and to call back next week. The call handler said it could still be months before my award is reviewed!

My Motability lease runs out in June and as I have less than 12 months on my current award I can’t renew or replace the car.

I think my patience is finally running out!😀
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289021 by Gary
Hi Sue

Welcome to the forum.

As a matter of urgency you must change your forum name as it appears you have your email address opening you up to spam and other attacks, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

Wow 4 hrs and 37 minutes that is obscene, I have not heard from forum members of a longer assessment.

It would be interesting to know what they write on their PA4. as to length of the assessment.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you 🤞

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289023 by Donna2512
This is a worry, I don't have four hours at any time free to take a phone call. I'm taking d's next week, it's booked for 9am, I have to be ready to prepare d for her tutor at 12.30. I'm single parent carer to 2 autistic adults there is nobody else to take over. Can I tell them that i have to stop?After all if they didn't have needs and required support they wouldn't be claimimg PIP.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289025 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic PIP Telephone Assessment Took 4 hours 37 minutes!!!
Absolute disgrace to put people thru this. I wonder if it is a deliberate tactic to make people fail. I wonder if it is possible for some data to be compiled so a complaint can be made and maybe Government made aware. There is no excuse at all for this.

Well done Sue. I hope you get a good outcome.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289028 by Gary
Hi Donna2512

Yes you can, I would secretly record the session just in case you have issues later on.

The assessment should only take one hour, quite often we hear on the forum where assessments only take 20 minutes.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.