× Members

Esa contribution and state pension query

More
1 month 1 week ago #289044 by Oreo27
Hi I get esa contribution based but my partner is due to retire in a few months and claim his state pension but I'd need to ask for housing benefit as we rent our property, would we lose his state pension if I applied for housing benefit? I only get pip and esa (cb)
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289078 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Esa contribution and state pension query
Hi Oreo27

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

You will not be eligible to claim HB, you will have to apply for UC and the housing element (HE).

Your partner will not loose his state pension but it will be taken into account when they work out your UC entitlement. Am I correct in assuming you are in receipt of the support group, if you are then you should be placed in the LCWRA when you apply for UC.

You do need to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289090 by Oreo27
Replied by Oreo27 on topic Esa contribution and state pension query
Thanks for the reply, yes I'm in the support group. It was just I'd heard that u.c take pound for pound away from a state pension to whatever I'm receiving?

More
1 month 1 week ago #289114 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Esa contribution and state pension query
Hi Oreo27

You heard correct, as previously stated; You do need to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; url=https://advicelocal.uk] advicelocal.uk [/url].

You should apply for UC just before your partner reaches state pension age.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.