× Members

PIP Appeal help

More
1 month 1 week ago #289162 by JK
PIP Appeal help was created by JK
Hi there,

I’ve got my tribunal date within a few weeks and I’m collecting my evidence to send through before hand.

Does the tribunal have access to my original form I submitted to the dwp for my pip claim? Or do they just have the decision dwp made? I wanted to reference back to my initial form I submitted when I made the claim.

Thanks
Jess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #289184 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP Appeal help
Hi JK,
Approximately 4 weeks after you have lodged the appeal and it has been acknowledged you should receive a bundle of papers. This is the appeal bundle. In the bundle you should have a copy of the claim form, decisions, Reconsideration letter and appeal form and copies of any evidence sent in etc etc. There should also be a copy of the assessment report.
If you have had a previous claim for PIP or even ESA/UC assessments for these can also be included.
If you have only recently sent in your appeal, your bundle should arrive in due course. If it is past 6 weeks and nothing is sent, then write to the Tribunal and complain saying yoy haven't received this and you want to request a Direction for DWP to produce the papers within 2 weeks.
Once you have the papers the important things to check will be the assessment report and decisions. Check these carefully. It is likely that the assessment comments have influenced the decision. Has the assessor ignored what you said, maybe there are glaring errors, maybe just the conclusions are wrong. Whatever the issue with the report/decision you can send in your arguments ASAP. Don’t nit pick every minute point, but try and establish 4 or 5 bullet points with the major criticisms. If there is poor grammar and spelling mistakes, you can use this as evidence to make a global comment about the lack of quality in the report.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by LL26.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
1 month 1 week ago #289186 by JK
Replied by JK on topic PIP Appeal help
Omg I might start to panic now, I never received any of these at all. I few weeks ago I called up pip telling them I never got a response of what they said to tribunal. They sent out to me what they said in response just last week. However my appeal was lodged last year. I didn’t realise I needed all of this. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed now, not sure what my next steps are now

More
1 month 1 week ago #289197 by JK
I have spoken to dwp PIP and they said they sent out the bundle last year July which I never received. I have asked for it to be resent, however they said it may take up to 10 working days to receive it. My hearing date is on the 4th April. Shall I try and submit whatever evidence and arguments I have anyway? Or ask for the hearing to be moved forward? Also I receive LCWA from UC is this something I should mention and link? I’m not sure how.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289202 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP Appeal help
Hi JK,
Clearly something has gone wrong here, but panic not. Yes you clearly should have received the papers ages go, but they is being resent. If the papers arrive in 20 days, frankly that doesn't leave you long to go through everything.
I suggest that you contact the Tribunal first thing tomorrow as I think they will closed now. Ask for the hearing to be put off. Explain that you hadn't had the bundle and didn't realise there was supposed to be one, and tell the tribunal that you are not sure when the replacement will arrive.(It might be earlier than 10 days, or or course post might be delayed!) Say that you are really anxious etc. You can stress that you don't feel you will get a fair hearing without seeing the papers.
If the hearing doesn't get adjourned and you either haven't had the papers or sufficient time read these and crucially criticise these, then ask again for adjournment. It is most unlikely that yoy will think you have had a 'fair trial' if the hearing goes ahead without you knowing exactly what DWP has said. The tribunal should adjourn anyway on these circumstances, but you can remind if not. If need be tell them you feel that to proceed without the papers will be a breach of Article 6 ECHR. (Right to a fair hearing.) If the tribunal then continue, it would be very likely you could appeal if you received a poor decision.
Anyhow, I'm sure the trib will agree to to reconvene, so don't panic unduly.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, Anji

More
1 month 1 week ago #289233 by JK
So the tribunal have emailed me a digital copy of the papers.
As I am two weeks away from hearing, I requested in person hearing initially, is it too late to ask for it to be changed to telephone? Or would you recommend that I go face to face?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.