× Members

PIP Appeal help

More
1 month 1 week ago #289260 by JK
Replied by JK on topic PIP Appeal help
I can see that it was a physiotherapist that did my initial phone assessment that lasted for 20 minute's. Could I make reference to the fact that a physiotherapist health care professional has no knowledge on how my health condition affects my day to day activities and do not feel like as he is the right type of qualified person to examine me. Hence why I feel the report provided by him had inaccuracies and not a clear understanding of how my disability affects me.
Or does this sound like I’m attacking the HCP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289261 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Appeal help
Hi JK

You will not get very far with that argument, you will be told that the HCP would have received adequate training. You want to concentrate on the inaccuracies within the report and why they are inaccurate, if you have a rare condition then you could use your arguement.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
1 month 1 week ago #289263 by JK
Thanks Gary. My diagnosis is not rare however what I was left with post surgery is not common and I have not met another person physically who has gone through what I have. I would mention it here for more insight but not sure if this is right platform to talk about my personal medical history.
I feel as if the HCP mentioned my initial diagnosis when I was 13 and just used that as the base line to write his whole report. How long can my rebuttal be? Or should I be keeping it short and concise?

More
1 month 1 week ago #289264 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP Appeal help
Hi JK,
There isn't a maximum length , but try to ve as concise as possible. What I normally do when writing arguments (submissions) O normally set out a couple if background paragraphs setting out the illness/disability, giving a referral overview of surgery, treatment etc and the nature of the disability. Then a criticism of the assessment report in 4 to 5 bullet points. Group the major criticisms together, give examples. You can cross reference the assessment reports and any of your own medical reports.
Then consider each descriptor. What you can't do etc and why. Perhaps a more focused criticism of the assessment if appropriate and required, and then say what points level is relevant.
Good luck.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
1 month 1 week ago #289267 by JK
At the time of the claim I did not have a formal mental health diagnosis, but I mentioned I do suffer from lack of motivation and days where I’m not able to do anything because of my low moods. Since the time of the claim to the appeal I’ve gotten the help and diagnosis shortly after I claimed. Now I’m aware you do not need a formal medical diagnosis for PIP but rather how the condition affects you on your day to day. Am I able to send my formal diagnosis as sub evidence to counter what the assessor had said about me?

More
1 month 1 week ago #289268 by JK
In addition to my question regarding not having a formal diagnosis. I note that on the PIP guide part 2 on the Gov website it states:
2.1.12 If there is evidence that someone is awaiting treatment or further intervention HPs should take into account the facts and likely impact of that future treatment regime as they’re evidenced at the date of the assessment, as part of their consideration of whether the person will meet the prospective part of the required period condition.
I mentioned to the assessor that I am awaiting further treatment, and it was from there after I was set up with a dietician to help with my eating disorders and was given help for my mental health conditions. Am I able to link this back to the claim based on what I found on the Gov guide for PIP and telling the HP that I was awaiting further treatment?
Also side note, really sorry guys I most likely will be bombarding you all with questions for days, really appreciate the help!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.