× Members

Pip review, how much medical evidence is too much?

More
1 month 1 week ago #289266 by Racoons
I'm worried if I include too much they won't read it all and might read the less important bits and miss the more important
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289300 by BIS
Hi Racoons

How much evidence is too much? It's impossible to say. Some people have been awarded PIP with very little medical evidence, and yet others who have been refused. There are claimants who have been denied PIP because they appear not to have sent evidence to back up what they have said on the form, and there are also claimants that have sent in 20, 30, 50 pages or more of additional evidence and have been denied or not got the enhanced award they are expecting.

Everyone has to decide for themselves, but I think it's important to examine every piece of evidence, consider how it contributes to your claim, and decide whether it is necessary. Do the 'less important bits' need to be included? Finally, you need to be sure nothing in the evidence could hinder rather than help your case.

They are supposed to look at all the evidence a person sends in, but in reality, that doesn't always happen. They will undoubtedly be skimming, and therefore, it's hard for them to pick out the important, most relevant bits if there is a lot of information.

Good luck

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 month 2 days ago #289432 by VIA
Dear Racoons,

Personally whether for esa or pip I always put all the evidence that confirms my health conditions, and I tend to put a lot, because I have a lot of health conditions and a lot of evidence.
I also list all the health conditions I have, about 2 pages long, I do not do any shortcut. If I have a health condition I list it.

My ‘ a lot of evidence ‘ saved me around 4 years + when I had a face to face esa review assessment at their centre. I had asked for the assessment to be recorded.

I then had a call back from someone who was supposed to assess me based on esa form and included evidence and the report from the person who saw me face to face about my esa.
Kindly note I was on esa Support group for many years at the time of my esa face to face review.

Well the lady assessor who called me who was to decide if whether or not I was to remain on the Support Group for esa ( after new health conditions added, and deterioration of existing ones and lots of evidence from medical practioners) told me she that when she saw all the medical problems I had, and all the evidence I provided and then she saw the report of the lady who assessed me face to face for the esa review, she said “ I wanted to help you’ .

She said she wanted to help me but I had put in my esa form that I did not want to be contacted by phone
( I knew it was advised by B&W guides to put a contact number and I wished I had listened to their guide advice regarding the contact number).
She said she wanted to call me but my form said not to.

That because of all my health conditions, the deterioration of them, the new ones, all the back up evidence from the medical professionals she wanted to go against the person who saw me face to face, but as a back up she needed to call me and clarify one or two things but could not in theory because I had said not to.

I imagine she wanted to help me but did not want to get in trouble for calling me when I said I did not want a call back.

I am glad after my face to face review assessment because I was so unhappy about the way it has gone, ( and it was recorded) I was in agony during the face to face, I had called esa and told hem I was thinking about complaining about that person and that I wanted a call back from the person who was going to assess me for esa.

I remember asking if the person who would assess me would see what I told the person who answered the phone, I was told yes.
I am glad I called and explained and said I wanted a call back from my assessor.
Because she called me. She also said, do you want to know how many points the person you saw face to face gave you, I replied yes. She said ZEROOOOOOO.

She said “with all the medical conditions you have and evidence” that she was inclined not to go with the person who saw me who recommended (that despite being on esa support group for many years, despite deterioration of conditions, despite new conditions, despite all the medical evidence provided,) I was to be taken off esa support group!

The assessor who called me also said before I make the decision I need to ask you a question, it was if I could push the wheels of a wheelchair even if I am not on a wheelchair.
I replied no because I just happened to have frozen shouders.

And now I have arthritis and cuff rotators issues of the shoulders which I did not have at the time.

That nice lady assessor was fair and went against the lady who saw me face to face who gave me 0 points and was recommending I was taken off esa support group.
That assessor let me remain on esa group.

So in my case, that assessor, stressed all the health conditions I had, but also all the medical evidence I had included as proof, and it helped my case.

On a few occasions I did not include medical evidence because there may have been a comment I disagreed with, or who could be opened to interpretation. I only put evidence that confirmed what I was saying.

I was never shy to put a lot of evidence, and to list it clearly.
I will take hours, days if needed on each paragraph.
For instance on the form on further info i may list each letter from each medical practitioner, the date, and next to it ( confirmation of health condition, difficulty and more etc).
On the form, in case enclosed go missing I list all the things included with the form.

Best wishes
VIA
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.