× Members

When applying for pip whilst at work

More
1 month 6 days ago #289292 by Sidhu123
When applying for pip whilst at work was created by Sidhu123
Hello, just wanted to know that if your in full time employment but have a disability eg endometriosis not diagnosed but having lots of tests as diagnoses takes years. If you apply for pip when you fill out the form do you answer as if it’s your bad day on each question or do you put down some good and some bad days. My daughter is suffering with extreme pain on everyday basis which affects her bowels and legs on some days which is rare now she’s able to go to work “and there not letting her work from home which would stop her fainting or being sick outside “ most days she need help as she’s unable to get out of bed with the pain let alone wash or eat. My question is
1/ she’s working but she needs help as this disease is so unpredictable but when having a look at the forms the questions eg say unable to do this or some good some bad etc

What would she write as on the very bad days she can’t function just in so much pain but some days she’s a little better.
Please could you let me know the best way to answer these questions.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289320 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic When applying for pip whilst at work
Hi Sidhu123

You need to see our guide on how to answer your query; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Remember; PIP is not awarded because of the condition but rather the limitations that result and prevent a claimant from completing a range of everyday activities.

Read about the reliability element in the guide - if you cannot do something:

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and acceptable standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a reasonable time period – no more than twice as long as a person without a physical or mental health condition would take to carry out the activity.

then you should not be considered able to do the activity.

The fact that you can’t do the activity safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly or in a reasonable time, means you can’t do it at all for the purposes of the descriptors.

If you have any further questions, then please return to the forum.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 4 days ago #289394 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic When applying for pip whilst at work
Hi Sidhu123,

I am not sure if I am right or not but I also believe you have to have a diagnosis that has been in place for 3 months and expected to last for 9 months.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sidhu123

More
1 month 4 days ago #289404 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic When applying for pip whilst at work
Hi tracey tracey

You are absolutely correct.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sidhu123

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #289411 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When applying for pip whilst at work
TT

I just want to clarify.

The legal requirement is as follows

(a) if C had been assessed at every time in the period of 3 months ending with the prescribed date, it is likely that the Secretary of State would have determined at that time that C had limited ability to carry out daily living/mobility activities; and

(b) if C were to be assessed at every time in the period of 9 months beginning with the day after the prescribed date, it is likely that the Secretary of State would determine at that time that C had limited ability to carry out daily living/mobility activities.

amended for easier reading.

No legal requirement for a diagnosis.

Gordon

Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Gordon.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289466 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic When applying for pip whilst at work
Ah o.k Gordon, thanks for clarifying :) I was just going off of the info on the back page where they tick the boxes. ;(

Thanks
TT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.