× Members

ESA50 WRAG

More
1 month 6 days ago #289310 by Twentyfold
ESA50 WRAG was created by Twentyfold
Please can you help/advise?

A first ESA50 form has just been received, the first one I’ve had since 6 years after the ESA claim. I have received the WRAG rate for 6 years, but never had to attend any WRA. Is this right? There was never an assessment. Just a letter 6 years ago saying I was in the WRAG.
Do I need to fill out the ESA50 at this stage?
1 year ago I applied for PIP as I was struggling in such severe financial poverty for so long, (6 years) and with mental health difficulties. I then received PIP at that point. The enhanced and severe disability premiums were then added to my basic rate ESA around the same time as the PIP award. do I assume these were added because of PIP?
I don’t know if, because I receive enhanced and severe disability premiums, that I should of been in the support group after all this time? What do I need to do? Should I return the ESA50, or contact the DWP to query why ? Has a mistake been made and should I have been in the support group all these years? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289324 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA50 WRAG
Hi Twentyfold

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

The short answer to your question is yes you do have to complete the UC50 form.

We do have a very good guide to help you; help-for-claimants/esa1

You may also want to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk for help in completing the form.

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment based on the Prognosis Date completed by the assessor in their report, so your existing ESA award continues in payment until a new Decision is made. Applying for PIP would not have affected your claim for ESA, they are independant of each other.

Note that since 3rd April 2017 the WRAG element was abolished for new claimants.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twentyfold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.